Office Administrator – Calgary
|Since its founding in 1901, Jewish National Fund/Karen Kayemeth (JNF) has been committed to building Israel’s future as well as responding in times of crisis and need. A vital part of Zionist history, JNF achieved its goal of purchasing the land that would become the State of Israel and then helped to develop that land into a thriving nation.
Over the past 115 years, JNF has evolved into a global environmental leader by planting 250 million trees, building over 240 reservoirs and dams, developing over 250,000 acres of land, creating more than 1,000 parks, providing the infrastructure for over 1,000 communities, bringing life to the Negev Desert and educating students around the world about Israel and the environment.
- Oversee the administration of ALL activities, events and programs of the Calgary JNF.
- Guide and assist the Executive Director with any duties she requires assistance.
- Assist Board and committees on key annual programs and to organize special events together with the Executive Director.
- Assist to expand, arrange and put into practice new events and programs.
- In partnership with the Executive Director generate, prepare and apply new marketing strategies, programs and events for donors in order to increase affiliation.
- Ensure & manage lay involvement in all events, activities and programs.
- Liaise with Calgary organizations, institutions, corporations and other community citizens to establish and help implement shared programs.
- Support the Executive Director in any Calgary community and local matters.
- With the guidance of the Executive Director, create and move forward the image of JNF as a unique Israel based organization.
- Work well with lay leadership and professional co-workers.
- Understands various methods of generating revenue in the not for profit environment.
- Skilled at building personal and organizational relationships with key local stakeholders.
- Manage all financial and databased entries, reports, budgets.
- Bank deposits, credit card deposits, and all other receipts of payments.
- Cheque preparation and implementation of tax receipt information
- All office procedures including maintaining office equipment, office files, organization and ordering of supplies and materials.
The scope of responsibility of the Office Administrator includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Coordinate logistics such as reserving space, ordering food and any other details.
- Transcribe minutes and prepare copies of required material.
- Send e-mails and keep RSVP list.
- Provide info/material as requested by Executive Director/President.
- Confirm and input JNF event dates on community calendar & submit to various organizational newsletters as per their deadlines.
- Secure space, proofread, coordinate and submit columns and ads and all marketing materials.
- Prepare advertising & work with graphics team.
- Help build donor base and support through increased awareness by ensuring JNF Calgary presence at community events.
Annual Tu Bi’Shevat Telethon:
- Contact schools to obtain student numbers.
- Prepare materials for schools (parents and educators).
- Follow up with schools to pick up student order forms and prepare certificates to be delivered to schools/students.
- Working with graphic artists to prepare telethon promotional materials for volunteers, sponsors and advertisements.
- Prepare canvasser cards, canvasser scripts and objection sheets.
- Circulate telethon information through social media to synagogues and other groups.
- Coordinate division of cards for pre-calling.
- Telethon organization and implementation – day-of event.
- Follow up for post-telethon calling, follow up letters and key data reports.
Annual Negev Dinner:
- Prepare donation lists/cards, for corporate, advertising, tribute gifts and invitations.
- Work with graphic artist on opportunity brochure/contract, invitations, ads and other social media advertising.
- Prepare invitation list.
- Respond and manage inquiries and record all requests for tickets, ads, tribute gifts and corporate sponsorships
- Follow-up with corporate sponsors for guest names, logo and ads.
- Maintain data on all sales and prepare Key Data Report on a weekly, or as needed, basis.
- Prepare and proofread the Tribute Book, signage and other printed materials.
- Prepare seating arrangements.
- Post-dinner follow up to advertisers and media.
- Produce and mail all thank you letters and follow ups for invoicing and payables.
- Assists the Executive Director with all aspects of other events and programs for the region.
- Reporting, budget preparation and any details required to implement the events.
- Is able to work effectively under pressure, have independent judgement, able to multi task, manage time, people, projects and material and ultimately produce a good quality of work within deadlines.
- Must have high motivation, dedication to detail, and accuracy while working independently or as a member of a team.
- Good working knowledge of the English language and able to assist in editing the production of marketing materials, publications, letters and press releases.
- Database management
- Proficiency with all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Working experience with Raisers Edge, and knowledge about Artez
- Bookkeeping / Accounting experience
- Previous office experience
- Able to provide references
Please send your resume and salary expectations to the attention of:
Sandra Fayerman, Executive Director JNF Calgary firstname.lastname@example.org