Fund Development & Event Co-ordinator
Since its founding in 1901, Jewish National Fund/Karen Kayemeth (JNF) has been committed to building Israel’s future as well as responding in times of crisis and need. A vital part of Zionist history, JNF achieved its goal of purchasing the land that would become the State of Israel and then helped to develop that land into a thriving nation.
Over the past 115 years, JNF has evolved into a global environmental leader by planting 250 million trees, building over 240 reservoirs and dams, developing over 250,000 acres of land, creating more than 1,000 parks, providing the infrastructure for over 1,000 communities, bringing life to the Negev Desert and educating students around the world about Israel and the environment.
Are you an experienced, take charge professional with the ability to handle a busy special events fundraising environment? Are you also a dynamic relationship builder with a passion for fundraising? Are you energized by empowering others to be part of something great and an effective positive results driven person? Perhaps this is the role for you.
JNF Calgary is seeking to fill a newly created immediate part-time admin/fundraising & event coordinator role. The candidate should have the flexibility of moving in and out of full time when required, being fully versed with the ability of being back-up and taking over the administrative office duties as well fulfilling the fund development and event role when needed.
The candidate must be able to work from home or the JNF office, meet with prospective donors and have the ability to pick up what is needed for events and meetings when necessary. Flexibility is key and able to juggle a multitude of various responsibilities and being part of a small but mighty team. This is an immediate contract role and with many variables, the intention is that this position will be extended, so let’s discuss this further if you meet the requirements.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fund Development & Event Coordinator is responsible for coordinating our robust schedule of events and facilitating new ones. They will work closely with the Executive Director and the Office Administrator to ensure excellent planning, preparation and execution of the fundraising, administrative and major donor events.
Events will include large-scale fundraisers, recruitment events, educational events, sporting events – Your role will be to envision the endless possibilities in moving the bar further and higher for the Calgary region.
As a coordinator of Fund Development, you will help drive our philanthropic objectives and champion the philanthropic culture for JNF Calgary. As part of our team, you will provide leadership, strategy and oversight in support of our campaigns, prospect identification, and donor recognition and stewardship.
Develop along with the Executive Director budgets and plans for our fundraising campaigns, initiatives, and events in keeping with the JNF Calgary’s financial objectives, including grant and foundational funding opportunities, management of events and support of prospect events and meetings.
Oversee prospect/donor cultivation including compilation of donor information and stewardship.
Develop, implement and oversee meaningful donor recognition programs. Implement strategies to support major gift donor awareness and responsive communication and marketing needs.
YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS
- As a dynamic individual, you have a proven background in fund development and campaign with the ability, personality & passion to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Fund Development, Administrative and Events experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with good writing and communications skills.
- Strong working knowledge of best practices in fund development.
- Prior experience in providing fund development and major gift development in a non-profit sector is an asset.
- Experience in event planning and administration utilizing project management methodologies.
- Experience in working with a team to execute initiatives.
- Experience in volunteer coordination and management.
- Has successfully coordinated multiple, simultaneous events.
- Strong verbal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple, competing deadlines/tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information/situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Is able to work effectively under pressure, have independent judgement, able to multi task, manage time, people, projects and material and ultimately produce a good quality of work within deadlines.
- Ability to attend and help facilitate events and meetings whether it be in the daytime, evening or weekend.
- Must have high motivation, dedication to detail, and accuracy while working independently or as a member of our team.
- Previous office experience.
- Asset in having a strong administrative computer background with the ability to do accounts receivables/payables, working knowledge for data entry in Raisers Edge, Proficiency with all aspects of Microsoft Office.
- Bookkeeping / Accounting experience an asset with attention to detail and analytical.
- Must have a car with appropriate insurance, cell phone and ability to work from home.
This position is available as soon as possible. Please send your resume with a cover letter & three references to the attention of Sandra Fayerman, Executive Director JNF Calgary – firstname.lastname@example.org